How to delete/remove snippet that is created by app?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hello,

I created an app which creates a snippet and add them into the theme.liquid but unfortunailty i am unable to delete that snippet before i uninstall the app. I am getting error "Unauthirozed"

Please help me to do that.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9925 103 1763

Once an app is uninstalled it no longer has any of the permissions that it had when first scoped. It's up to the merchant to remove any modifications made to the theme. It's always best to provide very clear and easy to follow instructions for both manual installation, and manual removal.

So if you need the snippet removed, make sure that's mentioned in the uninstall notes. Is this just that you want keep the theme clean, or is there some need to remove that snippet?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

So it mean snippet can be removed with app uninstall if we mentioned in the uninstall notes?

Can you raffer to the line of code or uninstall notes?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9925 103 1763

You can not remove a snippet once your app is removed, as it no longer has any permissions. The merchant will need to manually remove it.

A good app should come with help documentation that includes how to both manually install, and remove it. Once the app is removed the merchant would need to follow the steps in your help files to remove it.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Thanks for your prompt response,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 13

Hi,

I think I have snippets leftover from uninstalled apps and have a couple of questions about them if possible?

1) So that I don't accidentally delete an app that is required, is there a way of checking if that a snippet is defunct (i.e. that no other code will try and trigger it)?

2) If the snippet is defunct (no other code can trigger it), does it have any effect on the website speed?  Or is deleting it just a way of tidying up the theme code?

Thanks.

0 Likes