How to enable carrier service API

Sakhile_Mamba
3 0 0

I need support to help me enable the carrier service API for my store.

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
970 92 138

Hello, @Sakhile_Mamba.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you’re looking to enable the carrier service API and I’d be happy to help you enable this for your store. It’s important to note that the carrier service API is included with Shopify Advanced and Shopify Plus plans, and can be added to any plan for a monthly fee of $20 USD. The carrier service API is used for third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates, such as bring your own account and rates, or calculated rates from third-party apps (eg. Printful, Parcelify, etc.). However, if you’re not bringing your own account or getting rates from third-party apps, you can also use Shopify Shipping to create calculated shipping rates for free with Canada Post, USPS, UPS, or DHL. 

That said, before we move forward with adding the carrier service API to your store, could I confirm what you’re using this for? Also, could I confirm that you want to add this feature for a monthly fee?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
GoodfyLabs
Explorer
58 0 7

@Elias wrote:

Hello, @Sakhile_Mamba.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you’re looking to enable the carrier service API and I’d be happy to help you enable this for your store. It’s important to note that the carrier service API is included with Shopify Advanced and Shopify Plus plans, and can be added to any plan for a monthly fee of $20 USD. The carrier service API is used for third-party carrier-calculated shipping rates, such as bring your own account and rates, or calculated rates from third-party apps (eg. Printful, Parcelify, etc.). However, if you’re not bringing your own account or getting rates from third-party apps, you can also use Shopify Shipping to create calculated shipping rates for free with Canada Post, USPS, UPS, or DHL. 

That said, before we move forward with adding the carrier service API to your store, could I confirm what you’re using this for? Also, could I confirm that you want to add this feature for a monthly fee?

Hi There @Elias  how are you doing ?

Let me get this question   back and confirm If I had the right understanding ...

So ... my CLIENT store is under BASIC Shopify Plan ... with an active Shipping Rates App 

I am working in a Private App that will need to make several calls to that Shipping Rates app as I need recover several  shipping rates considering the   possibilities from WHERE the product will be FULLFILLED ... 

Do I need Carrier Service API for that ?  

Thanks in advance, 

William Alencar
GoodFy Labs
Brazilian Shopify Experts
Getting Satisfied Customers around the World
0 Likes