How to find orders associated with a discount code

Highlighted
1 0 0

Is there a way to search for all the orders that used a particular discount code, via the API?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
105 0 19

Hi there,

Chris from Shopify here. That's a great question. Currently, you can export your Orders CSV, and sort your CSV using your spreadsheet program of choice to see which orders had a particular discount code applied to them. For more information on exporting your Orders CSV, see our section of documentation regarding exporting your orders:
https://help.shopify.com/manual/orders/export-orders

If you run into any trouble, please contact Shopify support by chatting, calling, or emailing in, and we'll be happy to help you out :). Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris D

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

It would be great to filter orders by discount code from the orders page to quickly see how well a discount code is working.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
338 0 53

Hi everyone,

It's easy to sort orders that use a certain discount code - you just need to search using the discount code in your orders section. You can export those orders at that point or "save the search" so it shows up as a tab in your orders section.

I created a discount code in my test shop called "X2X2X2123" and here is what happens when I search the orders section using it:

I can also click "save this search" and it will show up as a tab at the top of my orders section:

Cheers!

Alicia | Support Lead for Shopify
3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I did not think to search for the discount code in the filter search. Thanks for sharing the solution!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Searching the discount code in the search bar works but if you have a discount codes like xyz & xyz123 and you search for xyz it will show orders that have either code in them.

It would be great to have a filter for a specific code so I can search for xyz and not get xyz123 code orders.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

Sorry to be a bit depressing here - but as usual - 4 years go by, and it is still not possible

This is one of several examples of trivial functionality that should have been implemented years ago. Very few improvements to usability during the last 3-4 years overall.

- Exporting to CSV and uploading is obviously not a scalable solution at all.

- Searching for the code is only useful if you have superlong discount codes that very unique. 

Have you stopped removing friction for your customers, or is all efforts focused around Shopify+ ? 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Anybody can push this proces?  It would be great to do that !

Our company really need that.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 3

I think they have stopped general UI/UX development on the Standard Shopify Platform - at least it seems most requests from the community are never prioritised, no matter how "no-brainer" they may seem.

To mention just a few:

- Unfulfilled (but cancelled) orders stay forever in the unfulfilled overview. People have been asking for years

- Can't easily see list of orders that have used a certain discount code. People have bee asking for years.

- Strange: "50+ orders to fulfill". Any shop above this volume always see that number. Shopify was originally for super small businesses, and this UI clearly demonstrates that. Why not just show the exact number? People have been asking for years.

-  "9,999+" orders, will forever linger on the menu. Not sure why this is useful, but it's another indication that Shopify didnt really have ambition to be relevant to medium+ size e-com

- Edit order. Biggest mystery. The community had been asking for years, but when it finally arrived, it was completely useless as you could only edit order that weren't already shipped. 97% of our orders that need editing are obviously orders that users want to change after receiving them. Eg: They want a different size or colour. People were stoked about the feature but massively let down and still have to use really bad compromises such as Edit Order by Cleverific. Good app but it messes up accounting both in terms of dates of revenue and reconciling payment providers. This is an obvious feature that NEEDS to be native, as it is too core to transactional data to be outsourced to 3rd parties.  

Question is: Why not solve these major (and smaller but obvious and easy) issues? 

Yes - they are busy, yes they grow fast - but come on... some of these are trivial, and the others are core e-commerce functionality. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Thanks @Jarle , we will try PLUS probably, so will see what this solution can do.

Definetly thx for informations about these things !

0 Likes