How to get the password from payment gateway?

Highlighted
3 0 0

I am trying to create synchronization between Shopify and some payment system. I created a new payment gateway according Shopify instructions, And
here merchants have to enter the some password that Shopify use to check the final signature after payment (pic. 1). To make successful payment I
need to know this password To create the same signature (Shopify checks my signature with their). For now I have to ask merchants to enter the same 
password twice: inside of the Shopify payment gateway, shown on the picture, and inside of my program.
It is really inconvenient. So, Is there any API functions or other ways to get that password to not ask it twice?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
291 3 59

Hey Alex,

For security reasons, we don't have any API endpoints that expose merchant account credentials like passwords for their payment gateways. 

- Jordan

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hello,

Is it possible to add custom fields like client id and client secret in payment provider information section?

@Jordan wrote:

Hey Alex,

For security reasons, we don't have any API endpoints that expose merchant account credentials like passwords for their payment gateways. 

- Jordan

0 Likes