How to persist payment token?

Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

payment token is associted to the cart not user. So is there a way if we can store payment token so that if user will have to enter credit card data for first time only.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
52 0 12

No, you cannot reuse the payment token.

We do not support credit card vaulting at the present time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
52 0 12

BTW, this sounds like it's a question regarding the Mobile Buy SDK. So, apologies if I have the wrong context. In future, you may want to specify the SDK/API you are working with.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

Oh I will follw that convention.

Yes what I wanted to ask payment token genrated in (let's say )Android sdk could be used in iOS sdk , on website  by persisting it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
52 0 12

The payment token is only valid for a specific checkout, and it has a pretty short lifetime (although I'm not sure exactly how long it lives).

Theoretically, you might be able to transfer a checkout token and a payment token, if you wanted to start a checkout in one place, and finish it elsewhere. But I can't see any benefit to this. Once the payment token is generated, you cannot modify the checkout again. And you cannot use it with another checkout. And it would fail if you didn't use it fast enough. And there are probably security risks that I can't identify.

In any case, we don't support this. It's designed for a short communication between the client and two different parts of Shopify, and giving your app the opportunity to report errors before finishing the checkout.

So, in short, the answer is, "No." At least for now. Sorry.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can someone elaborate on the lifespan of a payment token from a specific checkout? Say, for a backordered product that you do not want to charge the customer for until product is ready to ship?

0 Likes