How to process GDPR webhook customers/data_request

Tourist
38 0 1

Hello there,

Can anyone please explain how to implement webhook customers/data_request? In customers-data_request documentation its mentioned that

It's your responsibility to provide this data to the store owner directly.

When I clicked REQUEST CUSTOMER DATA from dashboard customer section, I got an email to store owner's email with information like customer, order etc with downloadable csv file links.

So while processing this webhook request what should I do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1125 130 190

Do you have a public app that is storing any of the PII information in your database/your servers? If no, there is nothing to be done. If yes, then you most probably already subscribed to some webhooks from this list - https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/events/webhook. GDPR web hooks are no different.

Once you receive the 'customers/data_request' message you have to send the store owner the information for the requested user and you can either automate this, or do it manually through email.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Tourist
38 0 1

@Visely-Team Yes, I'm storing customer and order details. When I clicked on REQUEST CUSTOMER DATA, I already got an email in the store owner email. So do I need to send the details again? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1125 130 190

The data you see being sent are Personal Identifiable Information (PII) related to the customer that Shopify stores on its side. Each third party app must send their own records on the customer to the store owner.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes