How to separate Order Line Item

Highlighted
1 0 1

I'm looking for a way to receive order line items separated by quantities of 1. Meaning that if there is an order with an item with quantity = 3, I need to be received as 3 items each with quantity 1 instead.

Is this possible? The reason for this is that we take action on items in our system (which we integrated with Shopify) and the actions presume that each item has a quantity = 1. We faked the separation our side and relied on fulfillments to take actions on a single item but we ran into a ton of issues like so:

Assume we have an order with 1 item having a quantity = 5.

When we create fulfillment or do cancellation we always specify the quantity on that item to be = 1. When we cancel 1 quantity it works fine but when then try to create fullfilments for the remaining 4 (1 fullfilment per 1 quantity) it undoes the cancellation we've done previously.

So any help either doing the separation of items from the beginning from Shopify or solving the issue mentioned above would be nice.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 282

Just chiming in for the Shopify answer: there are no ways that we offer to split stacks of line items into individual instances as separate line items. I was going to suggest that you parse the order this way on your end, but you mentioned you were running into issues, so that's unfortunate.

Happy to hear from the community about any strategies they might have to help you move past this one, I don't have anything to offer there at the moment but if I do, I'll let you know here.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We also need this function desperately. 

0 Likes