How to test a custom app app on a development store

TuanAkaun
2 0 0

Hi all,

I am new to Shopify API and my programming language is Java. Currently, I try to perform Authentication with Shopify. I already created a custom app and a development store. I follow this guide: https://shopify.dev/concepts/app-store/getting-your-app-approved/testing-your-app-before-submitting. However, when I click Install app, the screen displays: "Sorry, this shop is currently unavailable."

After clicking Install app, this is the url: https://shop-name.myshopify.com/?hmac=ca6be8e7d67a586aecc3ffe19834fac9fd31a52f3d734d90c7569a35424366...

Please help me to correct this step, what should I do to have the correct Auth screen?

---

Tuan

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
412 45 106

Hi, @TuanAkaun!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

From seeing the URL that you included containing shop-name.myshopify.com, it sounds like there might be some issues with your URLs and redirects.

There is a section in the guide that you linked regarding this. Have you tried to follow the steps in the section there?

Here's a screenshot of what that section in the guide would look like:

01-45-17exb-0k6as

Right below that there you can review a little more about checking the app's URLs and redirects.

Let me know how you do with the information above!

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

TuanAkaun
2 0 0

Hi Lilith,

I follow URLs and redirect articles. In my custom app setup, Allowed redirection URL(s) section, I add this url:

https://{shop}.myshopify.com/admin/oauth/authorize?client_id={api_key}&scope={scopes}&redirect_uri={redirect_uri}&state={nonce}&grant_options[]={access_mode}

I have 2 questions here:

1. What value should I use for state=? For any value of state, I got the error: Contains reserved query parameter: state.
  2. What is the problem with custom app url? It seems that my custom app url is not correct. When go to the custom app url in the browser, it shows Sorry, this shop is currently unavailable. This url is generated when I enter the custom app name, I use leave it there without touching it.

Hope to get support from you soon.

Regards,

Tuan

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
412 45 106

Thank you for the additional information, @TuanAkaun . I'm going to recommend keeping an eye on this thread for other Partners to reply or our partner support team members that may drop by. The finer details of troubleshooting the OAuth URLs are a bit beyond the scope of what I can help with.

That said, you do have the option to request support from within your Partner account as well if you're having a much tougher time with troubleshooting the URL issues there. That link will take you straight into the app development support screen for your Partner account.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog