How to test a public app on a managed (live) store?

Karthikc
3 0 0

We are trying to test an under-development Public App on a 'Managed (by us) Shopify store'. We only see an option to link the managed store but, don't see a way to install the app.

Is the only way to test an app is using a Development store?

We created our own test store with some other public apps installed, to see if our app works in harmony with other apps.

Kindly help.

Thank you

Karthik

0 Likes
achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
472 36 74

Why not create a private app in the intended managed store then use that app secret and key for your testing.

Install Approovly to create and track order approvals | We want to hear from you hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | Custom Shopify Apps achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Kevin_A
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 27 40

Hey @Karthikc 

You will definitely need to use a development store. Check out the docs here.

Kevin_A | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Louise_Elmose_H
Shopify Partner
65 2 7

I think there is a need to be able to test an app on a managed/live store, as the setup in such a store is much more complex than what you similate in a development store.

If you think this breaks the restrictions of the public app concept, you could restrict it, such that the app only can be tested in one managed store.

Allowing for testing in a managed/live store, could save time for the Shopify app approval team as well, as you are able to test more scenarioes etc. on managed/live shops.

Thanks,

-Louise

0 Likes