How to update email template (notification) using Shopify API?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Under Settings -> Notifications, it is possible to edit the content of all notification (order confirmation, order canceled, order refund, etc.). I am trying to find a way to change the template using the Shopify API. I have been looking at their documentation and I cannot find anything. Am I missing something?

How to update email template (notification) using Shopify API? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
54 6 8

Hey @trudeo,

It isn't possible to update the content of notifications via API, however you can update the global notification template or individual ones through the Shopify Admin.

Callum | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

@CalD Is it possible to add this as a feature request? I see this as a topic all over the forums for the last few years. The current interface for editing notifications templates is extremely burdensome and error prone. Even updating the interface/editor to that of the packing slip template editor (in Shipping settings) would be a massive improvement by adding tabbing, line numbers, and syntax highlighting.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
54 6 8

Thanks for the feedback @seangaffney, I can definitely see the benefit of having tabbing/line numbers/syntax highlighting etc. I'll pass along to the appropriate team.

Callum | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes