How to use App Bridge with PHP base using CI?

dishant
4 0 0

Hi

I have checked New app tutorial but sample code in Node and React JS. But Our existing app in CI base with older version. So, we want to convert into new app bridge version.  Is there any tutorial in PHP base?

If have any tutorial  related to PHP then let us provide. So, we can convert into new app bridge.

Thanks

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
821 73 139

Hi @dishant 

Hope you're having a great day!

There is no official PHP tutorial from Shopify like the one done in Node and React. But there are tutorials from community developers. 

Useful resource:

Founder of Shopify agency - Accomplishify.com
If you would like to hire us as Shopify experts, please reach out via:
  • Email michal.morek@accomplishify.com
  • WhatsApp +48 507 613 425
0 Likes
dishant
4 0 0

Hi,

Thanks for providing usefull resources. I will go with this resources and if need any help then I will contact you.

Thanks

0 Likes
dishant
4 0 0

Hello,

I got Basic shopify api library. https://github.com/osiset/Basic-Shopify-API. So, want to know this library also implemented with new app bridge ?

Thanks

0 Likes
sv2109
2 0 0

Hi, take a look at this Youtube channel it contains many videos about Shopify development using PHP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX1E8fuesSE&list=PL-k7XHuPgeIsv2Q6QtJR__h3kkpmqNpH0

0 Likes
dishant
4 0 0

Hello,

I have followed steps which provided in Video. And my all already built app using same way. But I want to know what is different in New App bridge 2.0?

Thanks

0 Likes
dishantpatel100
2 0 0

Any Update on this?

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
821 73 139

Hi @dishant 

You're welcome. I'm happy to help.

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
821 73 139

Hi @dishant 

Shopify App Bridge lets you embed your app directly inside the Shopify admin and Shopify POS, as well as customize Shopify UI elements outside of your app. App Bridge is a standalone vanilla JavaScript library, and also offers React component wrappers for some actions.

So App bridge has nothing to do with PHP libraries. In other words, no matter which PHP or Ruby library you use, you can always integrate App bridge into your project with a little Google search.

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

0 Likes
Michal_Morek
Shopify Partner
821 73 139

Hi @dishant again

But I want to know what is different in New App bridge 2.0?

As specified by Shopify:

Update May 2021: App Bridge 2.0 now available

Migrating to App Bridge 2.0 will ensure your app is aligned with the future of Shopify. This new release of App Bridge also includes a more streamlined interface for actions and an improved architecture for tree-shaking.

As browsers apply stricter restrictions on third-party cookie tracking, apps require an alternative way to handle authentication. App Bridge 2.0 paves the way for apps to migrate from third-party cookie authentication to session tokens.

Useful resources:

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

0 Likes