Identify an order from Draft Orders via Order API

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
10 1 1

I am trying to identify orders based on their sales channel name, thanks to Rumo, by retrieving the app_id from Order object. However, the app_id of orders that in the Admin reporting tool, under sales channel name, as "Draft Orders" have the same app_id as my other sales channel. Is there a reason to that and how can I identify the same way as the admin reporting tool do?

Btw, the source_name is always "web" and, for some reason, is not "shopify_draft_order"

Thanks!

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
618 45 76

Hi @sasawatc,

You could look at the order's landing page. For orders created from draft orders where the customer used the web checkout, the landing page would look like this: /shop_id/invoices/token

If the path includes invoices, then it came from a draft order and completed through the web checkout.

1 Like
Tourist
10 1 1

Thank you and apologize for the late reply @Busfox, your solution seems to work for your scenario. However, it's quite a pain since if the order were completed in Shopify Admin then the landing_site will be null but in that case the source_name would be shopify_draft_order. I'm intrigued that the Shopify Admin Report feature can just find draft order so easily through the sales channel name column but the API requires checking data from two attributes. I hope there's an easier way to do this.

0 Likes