If the customer apply PICKUP, and i dont get shipping_address object, can i update shipping address

Michael1333
3 0 0

If the customer apply PICKUP, and i dont get shipping_address object, can i update shipping address on shopify with customerAddress api.update?

0 Likes
_JCC_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
151 20 27

Hey @Michael1333 ,

Happy to help you out with this.

The billing address from the pickup order would become the default address on the customer. Are you indicating after the fact a shipping address is provided, and you want to update the customer record, then yes, the admin API can be used to add addresses to the customer record, or add the shipping address to the order if necessary.

Regards,

John

John C | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Michael1333
3 0 0

hey thank you for your response,

i mean i need to know if the customer choose pickup or shipping method.

i want to implement to my app what the customer choose, there is any sign in order api fields? if the order were pickup or shipping?

and if i dont have any shipping address like the choose the pickup method, i got error 422 in update shopify shipping address

0 Likes
_JCC_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
151 20 27

Hey @Michael1333 ,

Sorry for my late reply. In API release 2021-04 we started offering the deliveryMethod field on Fulfillment Order. You can use that to determine if pick or local delivery was specified at checkout.

Regards,

John

John C | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes