Image upload failed. Could not generate an image extension name.

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 1 0

Hello All

I am using shopify api for upload article image with the put method. like 

$modify_article_data = array(
"article" => array(
"id" => $article_id,
)
);
but when I am used shopify api to update an article in shopify store then it will give me error in my response  {"errors":{"base":["Image upload failed. Could not generate an image extension name."]}}, please any one help me to resolve this error or give me some solution which url I have to used for update a blog article.

Thanks
Vikas webguruz
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1829 211 384

This is an accepted solution.

"attachment" attribute is used to upload image content in base64 encoding. If you are using an URL, you have to use "src" instead of "attachment".

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 1 0

Hi

Thanks for reply, it is working fine now, image updated successfully. Now I am able to update my blog article image.

Thanks

Vikas Webguruz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Hi,

I'm having this same issue right now suddenly and I don't know how to fix it. I have tried logging out and back in, two different browsers, different types of photos, etc. Nothing is helping. Someone else I work with WAS able to add a photo, but I can't (even though I have a thousand times). I'm getting this error message. Can someone help? Thanks.

Highlighted
1 0 0

any updates? Having the same issue with video embeds

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Having same issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Any solution? I'm having the same problem uploading a feature image for blog posts. Thank you.

0 Likes