Importing "processed_at" and order dates displayed in Shopify UI

Bill6
Tourist
27 0 3

I just ran code to import orders into a new account.  I specified the "processed_at" to set the order dates explicitly.  When I inspect the orders in Shopify the order dates are all exactly one-day less than the processed_at date I specified.

Why did this happen?  I was expecting the order date displayed by Shopify to be exactly the "processed_at" that I set explicitly. 

0 Likes
Bill6
Tourist
27 0 3

After not hearing from anyone at Shopify I ended up running an update where I set the date to 1 day plus the date I want for the processed_at.  This worked.   But, I would like to know why Shopify sets the order date as 1 day less than the processed_at date.  Seems like a bug.  It would be nice if anyone at Shopify would speak to this.  Is it a bug?  Am I missing something?

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
822 97 178

Hey @Bill6,

That sounds like unexpected behaviour. Can you provide a few example order_ids and I'll check our logs for more info.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Bill6
Tourist
27 0 3

I really could not wait and I ended up running code to set the "processed_at" with one day added so the Shopify date would display correctly.  To answer your question it happened with every order in the account.  They are all imported orders. Take your pick.

Rather than look at my specific data, please just tell me what your design intent is.  Do you take the "processed_at" I set and do ANYTHING to change its value when displaying it as the order date?  Maybe some kind of time zone adjustment?  This is what's happening and I assume it would be readily reproducible.  If not, then I must be the only person having the problem.

0 Likes