Install Custom App on Plus Store Fails

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 3 0

Hello,

Is there any reason a Custom App created under a partner account would not be able to be installed on a Plus development store?

I have created a very basic custom app that we will need for a new Plus store.

I've been able to install a clone of this app just fine on a standard store created under my partner account.

When attempting to install on the Plus store we get the following error:

install-error.png

I've also tried to install via the one time install link but it says api key is invalid. I've confirmed the client_id api key in the url matches our custom app api key.

api-key.png

So is there some restriction preventing me from installing custom apps to a Plus store?

Can my partner account have the ability to create a Plus sandbox store?

Or is there some simple thing I'm overlooking?

We've created multiple custom apps from scratch and tried installing but it always fails with the plus store.

Thanks!

Brian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9933 106 1768

This is an accepted solution.

Can my partner account have the ability to create a Plus sandbox store?

No. Your partner account can create development shops, not plus sandboxes. Those are created manually by the plus partner team.

Is it actually a Plus shop you're trying to install it into or a plus sandbox? This is something that's going to be hard to troubleshoot without details on the app, shop, etc. If you're a plus partner, give your partner manager a shout.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 3 0

Hi Jason,

Yes it is a plus store, yes I've been contact with my partner manager. I've done all the steps they recommended (recreating the app, attempting to install via one time URL, attempting to install via partner admin - as the screenshots in first post show). But still not seeing any results - so I thought I would post here to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

So I wanted to know if there is something in place on Shopify's end that is preventing my app from installing into the Plus store our manager setup.

The app is a basic Rails / shopify_app gem (https://github.com/Shopify/shopify_app)

Our Transporter migration is dependent on meta fields that are created by the app. In addition, we'll be dealing with special shipping and other custom requirements as we build out the store.

It's a bit frustrating, going through the whole sales process I was told this would not be a problem at all.

I can make an exact copy of the app and it installs fine on a development store created under my partner account.

It fails when attempting to install into the Plus store our manager setup. I've gone through and triple checked all the credentials, etc.

I can post links to the app / store but wasn't sure about putting it on a public forum.

Thank you,

Brian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 3 0

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Jason,

Ok after further debugging, it was an error on my end. I was thinking there was something not working due to trying to install on a Plus store and not being able to make plus sandbox etc.

It was confusing because the API key was correct in the Rails console - so it appeared things were correct. But after further debugging, the API was still not actually available in the app.  It was an issue with my environment variable setup.

Thank you!

0 Likes