Installing Embedded App on Multiple Stores on the same browser

Solved
ian79
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello, 

I'm pretty new on the app development on Shopify and I've been following the tutorial on Shopify page which has been very helpful. 

https://developers.shopify.com/tutorials/build-a-shopify-app-with-node-and-react/embed-your-app-in-s...

However, I've been facing an issue when installing my app on multiple stores using the same browser. If I go to the partner site and click "Install on development store", it works for the FIRST store. However, if I try the same on the second store (or anything after the first one), it gives me an error of "The page you’re looking for couldn’t be found"

Interestingly, if I copy and paste https://YOUR_NGROK_ADDRESS.io/auth?shop=YOUR_SHOPIFY_STORE.myshopify.com on the browser to install, it works fine for both. 

I suspect it's related with session information that's being used inside verifyRequest middleware but I'm not sure how I can fix the issue. I was wondering if someone else experienced the same problem and found a solution.

If it's already discussed else where (I've been looking but couldn't find one), please let me know as well. Thanks a lot!

-Ian

0 Likes
katiedavis
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
39 7 10

Hi Ian,

Can you let me know which version of the `@shopify/koa-shopify-auth` package you're using in your `package.json` file? I'm wondering if you need to update your package.

Thanks!

0 Likes
ian79
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Katie, 

I'm currently using 3.1.26. Let me update it to the latest and see if that solves the issue. Thanks!

-Soonmin

0 Likes
katiedavis
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
39 7 10

This is an accepted solution.

That should work! There was a fix put in for this on 3.1.36.

0 Likes
ian79
Tourist
3 0 1

Problem solved. Thanks Katie!

I develop my app with python / django. How can I fix this problem?

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
0 Likes