Here's what I did so far:
1. I created a test store
2. I created a test app
3. I white-listed my app urls with ngrok
4. I click on "install app" on the "test on development store" section
After that I am supposed to get redirected to my app store and I should see the install prompt to install my app correct?
As it is stated here:
Instead, what happens is, I get redirect straight to my app's "content", meaning i never get the chance to install my app, since the prompt never appears. I'm not even able to trigger the prompt manually via https://YOURNGROKURL/auth?shop=YOURTESTSTORE.myshopify.com, since i get a 404 response (even my ngrok prompt reflects this).
The url of the site i get redirected to is the following:
Can anyone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong?
I'm following this tutorial here:
and I'm stuck every since.
Many thanks in advance!
Here are some basic things I'd check before attempting to install your app:
1) Ensure your app server is running (Rails, Node, Django, etc.) and is configured to allow requests from your Ngrok URL
2) Ensure your Ngrok service is running, and using port 443
3) Go to your ngrok url and make sure your app content is available locally, if it isn't, check the localhost port for your app content to hopefully find a specific error on why it's not sending that content up.
Hopefully one of these steps helps narrow down the issue. If not, then at least we know what's NOT wrong.
I am facing the same issue as the original poster. Whether I generate a merchant install link (FOR my development store) or click on "Test your app" and then click "Install" next to my development store, I never get the auth screen - it shows the attached image.
The only way I've been able to get it to work is to manually create the Oauth link for my development store as outlined in Step 2 here: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/authenticate-with-oauth#step-2-ask-for-permission