Integrating Store in React Native

David_Cook
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Good morning, 

What tool should be used to integrate a Shopify store within a React Native app? Buy JS SDK using Rest API or Storefront API using Graphql but currently in Beta? 

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes
Alex
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1555 81 293

Hey Dave,

What exactly are you trying to do? With some context I might be able to offer a solution that is potentially more viable than the other.

Cheers!

0 Likes
nailedco_Admin
Shopify Partner
1 0 3

hi,

i've just stumbled across this thread but have the same question so maybe if we tackle it here others can benefit.

i'm creating a react-native that will allow people to shop for products and checkout (make payment, select delivery etc). the entire store will be managed in a shopify store, as will customer data, but customers will only access the store via the react native app. i will use shopify as a management tool (products, payments, orders etc etc).

the app will run on ios and android. i want everything contained within the native app experience if possible.

what would your advise be for the best approach i.e. Buy JS SDK using Rest API or Storefront API or other?

Cheers

David_Cook
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I'm in exactly the same situation - looking to develop a mobile store using React Native with Shopify as the CMS powering the store. 

Just need clarification on which SDK/API to make use of.

Thanks

0 Likes
Isaac_Hinman
Shopify Partner
11 0 6

Bumping this rather old thread to say that the answer to this question is still not clear, 8 months later.

0 Likes
woppers
2 0 1

Did anyone ever make any progress on this? I'm looking to make an iOS and Android app for my wife's Shopify store.

woppers
2 0 1

hi,

i've just stumbled across this thread but have the same question so maybe if we tackle it here others can benefit.

i'm creating a react-native that will allow people to shop for products and checkout (make payment, select delivery etc). the entire store will be managed in a shopify store, as will customer data, but customers will only access the store via the react native app. i will use shopify as a management tool (products, payments, orders etc etc).

the app will run on ios and android. i want everything contained within the native app experience if possible.

what would your advise be for the best approach i.e. Buy JS SDK using Rest API or Storefront API or other?

This is exactly what I want to do. Did anyone ever make any progress on this? I'm looking to make an iOS and Android app for my wife's Shopify store. Sorry for spamming the thread, I can't find an option to delete my earlier post.

0 Likes
KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1867 182 776

Hi woppers,

What question do you have in mind regarding ReactNative and Shopify? There is nothing to stop you from using ReactNative to build an app that can list products, display product details and such using Shopify SDKs or APIs. You can use ReactNative and fallback to native iOS Buy SDK or Android Buy SDK, though you can also simply use Storefront API and use any JavaScript GraphQL client library.

The only part you will need to resort to the iOS or Android SDKs is for checkout if you want to keep it all native in the app itself. Storefront API can add line items to the cart, can add a customer, shipping lines, billing address etc. but you cannot add the actual payment transaction - you can only retrieve a webUrl that will then take youto the final checkout step for payment. Using Android Buy SDK or iOS Buy SDK you can also complete thepayment at checkout.

Hope this helps!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
MadGeniusBlink
Shopify Partner
22 0 3

so to clarify.. iOS Buy SDK(https://github.com/Shopify/mobile-buy-sdk-ios)  allows you to do the checkout on the app?

but the  Storefront API that uses the js-buy-sdk (https://github.com/Shopify/js-buy-sdk) which uses the graphql lib does not right? 

so are you better of building your app with IOS Buy SDK?

what's the recommendation here?

Birkenstock
1 0 0

Hey MadGeniusBlink,

I am currently working on this challenge as well. I am moving forward with a separate backend with the Storefront API to handle the store logic. I was thinking about how I would bring in the native SDKs, possible through stripe and send a notification to the store for inventory recording.

More or less getting a conversation going on how to overcome this community issue.

0 Likes