Integration for SELF Service kiosk

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

We are manufacturers of self-service unattended kiosks and we have a customer that have Shopify store and he wants to install also the online store in a self-service kiosk, but with a UI diferent and more easy for a unnatended kiosk navigation

Is it possible to do this integration with APIs

Compliments
Miguel Soares

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
486 42 106

Hi @miguelsoaresptt,

Without more details it would be hard to confirm that you can do everything you want to, but it sounds like you would be implementing a point-of-sale type solution?  If that's accurate you can use the Shopify POS App SDK to extend the Shopify POS.  If however, you wanted a standalone solution, then you could use the Shopify Admin APIs and Storefront API to customize a customer's experience within your own app and run that on the kiosks.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hey Miguel,

Keen to hear where you get to with this. We are considering doing the same and current limitation is accepting payments.

The Shopify almost works but not entirely confident in how it would work as an unattended/self serve solution. Also unsure how the payment hardware would work unattended.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Yesm we are doing it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

How'd you get it working at a self serve kiosk? Shopify POS or something else?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
API
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Miguel. I have an eyewear business and we're looking to develop a self-service POS at our kiosks. We would also like to use Shopify. Would your business be able to help us implement this. If you're interested, you can email me at max@roaveyewear.com. Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi,

Did you ever get this off the ground. We are keen to have something similar and would love to have a chat. Please let me know.

Thanks

Mat

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Dear Matthew

Yes, its working.

Compliments
Miguel Soares

0 Likes
Highlighted