Integration with Shopify wholesale channel

Tourist
4 0 1

Greetings,

I am working to support the Shopify wholesale channel for a customer. Regarding this, we have the following questions, kindly let me know if anyone knows the answers.

Our current integration has the ability to export products to Shopify. We are using Shopify's Product and variant API for this.

Questions: 

1. How to make a specific product available only to Wholesale.

2. How to export price by sales channel. The customer wants to export the product variant price differently for each sales channel. Example. They want to sell the product at $10.00 on web sales channel for retail customers. and sell the same product at $9.00 in the wholesale channel for their wholesale customers.

3. If we download the order details using Order API, how to identify whether the order has come from the wholesale channel? Do we get 'Wholesale' in the Souce_name property? In the documentation, wholesale was not mentioned.

Regards

Krishnakishore

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
488 21 51

Hi @Krishnakishore,

Here's my best shot at answers to your questions.

1. You would need to use this mutation, which is currently behind a scope that is not yet publicly available (write_publications). If you let me know your app id or API key I can look into getting your app added to any sort of early access or beta we hold with this scope.

2. Price lists added through the wholesale channel are not currently exposed through the API. A product can only have one price, when viewing the object through our API.

3. You should be able to flag an order from the wholesale channel by looking for discount_allocations with a title of "wholesale". If it's a wholesale customer, they would also have a wholesale tag on their record.

Let me know if you have any lingering questions!

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you @Busfox  for the answers. Our app id is 145088, could you please add us to the early access program. so that we can proceed with the needed changes. 

I will get back to you if we have more questions. But I think I understand the process. 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello @Busfox,

Just a couple of questions after doing further research...

1. May I know, on what basis Shopify populates 'Wholesale' word in the order tags? Is this tag saved on the order.tags filed when the wholesale price list is applied to the order or on any other basis like when an order is created to the wholesale customer (i.e. the customer has a wholesale tag)?

2. Can we assume that the orders having tags= wholesale, are the only the wholesale orders? In other words, if there is no wholesale word in the orders. tags field, we can assume that the corresponding order is not the wholesale order?

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
488 21 51

Hi again @Krishnakishore,

1. Any order placed through the Wholesale channel will have the wholesale tag.

2. This is usually a safe assumption, but the reality is that order tags can be applied or removed at any time. An order with the wholesale tag could have had it added manually by a staff member. Similarly, an order that was made through wholesale could have the wholesale tag removed by a staff member.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you for the reply @Busfox 

The order tags work for now. Hope Shopify enhance this in future so that we no need to depend on this generic field which can be used for other purposes and users can edit this.

0 Likes