Integration with solar design and quoting webApp

enact-ashish
3 0 0

Hi All,

We have a solar design tool and proposal quoting webApp i.e. users can design their solar roof design and create a proposal. As a first step, we would like to allow Shopify User to use their ShopifyID, be redirected to our website, and get logged in (SSO, OAuth, etc.) seamlessly.

Second, once they have designed, quoted, and signed the contract - the order should be placed back to the storefront based on the BOM and SKU that the design tool will generate/map.

I believe the second step can be achieved using the storefront API to actually place the order.  The question is pertaining to the first - how do I uniquely identify the ShopifyID user uniquely into our WebApp and more importantly seamless log them in.

And yes we are using Shopify Plus.

-Ashish

0 Likes
CalD
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 18 20

Hey @enact-ashish,

For the first step, Plus merchants get access to Multipass login which sounds like something you could use to accomplish that, provided the users log into your external service first.

For the second step, the Orders API under the Admin API can be used to create either draft orders (GQL/REST versions) or a regular order with the information you desire. You could use the storefront API's checkoutCreate if you're considering a headless solution.

Hope that helps!

CalD | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
CaitlinColema
1 0 0

Interested in your project to create a roof. An interesting point: what material should the roof be made of and is it necessary to reshingle the roof in a certain color?

0 Likes
enact-ashish
3 0 0

Hi @CaitlinColema,

We don't do roofing and probably is not the right group/board for this question. Thanks.

0 Likes
enact-ashish
3 0 0

Hi Callum,

Thanks for message but our use case is reverse, wherein we want our users to log in to Shopify first and then into the external website using the ShopifyID.  Is this possible?

-Ashish

0 Likes
CalD
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 18 20

Hi @enact-ashish,

Sorry for misinterpreting there, I don't think there's a clean way to support that use case.

CalD | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
manish22
Tourist
14 0 1

Hello Ashish,

As i can understand you want the same user who is logged in to your shopify store to be direclty logged in to your external website. If that's the case, i think that is possible. I would require more information regarding your external website so that i can help you with your problem. I'm sending you my email address in personal message to continue this discussion over email.

0 Likes

Fascinating, We likewise utilizing some Solar Design Softwares, But we are confronting a few challenges on it. If it's not too much trouble, get in touch with us we can examine about your solar-based plan support, and in the event that it's alright for us, we can go for the following stages. Much appreciated

0 Likes
khalidisweb
1 0 0

I'm a solar installation engineer and would want a business partner who can sale me out to customers.

0 Likes