Invalid Email Address - When Creating New Customer Account

Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 2

I tried through admin and also through the site at creating an account for one of our existing customers and I keep getting "Invalid Email Address" now I know that its not an invalid email and that the domain is operational and so what is happening??

I really need to get this customers account up and running, does anyone have any ideas?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0990/1988/files/Invalid-Email.png?7405914790635916269

There is an old thread on this but no satisfactory answer to my issue.

Thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hi, same issue here with addresses I know are valid. Please help!

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I just got the same thing. The email address is valid. The domain resolves. It's obviously a bug on Shopify's part.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem with invalid email for new customers, with user accounts deactivated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I'm starting to wonder if we've lost sales because of potential customers running into this issue when they try to enter their email address.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 2

I am definately wondering that, because I only stumbled on this by chance today!! #BLOODYANNOYED

Just out of interest what themes are you guys using? I'm on Brooklyn.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Minimal here.

As a test I went through the checkout process all the way up till payment (but didn't do the payment) and it took the address there that it considered invalid when I tried to create a customer account from the admin page. I don't think it's stopped anyone from ordering but I can't be sure.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 2

That is some piece of mind at least I'll run the same test on our store to see. It is obviously a common problem as the people above have exactly the same issue, for me it is imperative I get it fixed because our retailers on our trade site are required to create an account before they order. :-/ 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
20 0 2

Still no solution from shopify as to what is going on here?? Great.. :-(

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

There are some SMTP issues with the domain for that email address. Perhaps Shopify is doing SMTP checks and that's why it's failing.

0 Likes