Invalid Multipass request

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
219 0 13

Hello People, 

I have a problem I've been struggling since quite some time now. My Multipass used to work just fine, but lately I get the same and the same error. I restarted the Multipass secret and tried several solutions but I always get the same error: 

"Invalid Multipass request. The given email address is already used by another customer (with a different Multipass identifier)."

Ive tried saveing the multipass_identifier onto the client which is going through the Login and revoming the multipass_identifier in order to make the login. But no luck, I still get the same error before. I cannot login with any user. Even if the user has never been registered before, that gives the same error. Could someone help me out why this is heppening, I would really appreciate it :P If you guys have any questions, pelease do ask.

Cheers! :D 

Entrepreneur, Developer, Geek, Gamer and very passionate about WEB development! :P

Need help with your Shopify Store? Contact me: jfeuchter@gmail.com :D
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
219 0 13

4 months and I still havent found a answer to this. Im still hoping someone will help me out. 

Entrepreneur, Developer, Geek, Gamer and very passionate about WEB development! :P

Need help with your Shopify Store? Contact me: jfeuchter@gmail.com :D
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

It's pretty infuriating that Shopify offers %#@$% all for support on stuff like this.  In my case, this error came up under the following conditions:

1. I had created a user via the Shopify API and I had specified the "multipass_identifier"

2. I attempted to login via Multipass.

The solution for me was to ensure that I included a "identifier" field in my Multipass customer data that was EXACTLY the same as the "multipass_identifier" that was used when the customer was first created.  It's confusing because the parameter is "multipass_identifier" when you create the customer, but simply "identifier" when you do the actual Multipass login flow.

0 Likes