Inventory Level Update - Webhook

Highlighted
10 0 0
Hi there!

We are building an inventory sync app for a third party POS app.

The sample response below for the inventory level update does not include product or variant id.

inventory_levels/connect, inventory_levels/update, inventory_levels/disconnect
Hide response
{
"inventory_item_id": 271878346596884015,
"location_id": 48752903,
"available": null,
"updated_at": "2019-08-08T16:17:43-04:00",
"admin_graphql_api_id": "gid:\/\/shopify\/InventoryLevel\/48752903?inventory_item_id=271878346596884015"
}

The webhook above does not allow us to accurately update the product or variant inventory level.

Would someone from the Shopify team kindly advise which webhooks we need to listen to in order to accurately update the product or variant inventory level?
0 Likes
10 0 0
Hi Shopify Team,

Please let us know if anyone can help us.

Best,
Aditya from HitPay
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 36 92

Hi @HitPay,

Using the REST API, the inventory_item_id doesn't have a mapping back to product or variant.  The suggested approach would be to keep a local database of product and variant id mappings to inventory items if you want to identify your levels based on products instead. 

Alternatively GraphQL has the ability to access both the product IDs and inventory IDs in the same call.

The webhooks you listed in your post are the ones that you would use to keep inventory numbers, specifically inventory_levels/update will fire any time the level changes on that item.

I encourage you to check our guide on updating inventory, and exploring GraphQL solutions as well.

Developer Experience @ Shopify
0 Likes
10 0 0
Hi Ryan,

Thanks very much for getting back. Let us explore the solution that you have highlighted and get back to you if everything is working as expected.

Cheers
Aditya
0 Likes
10 0 0

Hi Ryan,

We have submitted our app. I was wondering if we can get in touch with the app review team to potentially expedite the app review as a lot of Shopify merchants in Singapore have requested this app from us.

Best,

Team HitPay

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 36 92

Unfortunately I don't have the ability to expedite app reviews.  I'll mention it to the APAC team but no promises.

0 Likes
10 0 0

Hi Ryan,

Thank you very much for your help. Greatly appreciated :)

Best,

Aditya

0 Likes
10 0 0

Hi Ryan,

Our app got rejected a couple of times due to errors in our submission ( Its our first time!). I was wondering if it would be possible to nudge the APAC review team again?

Best 

Aditya

Team HitPay 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 36 92

Hi Aditya,

Make sure you address the concerns that failed you, and reply to the reviewer via the email!

Cheers,

Ryan

0 Likes
10 0 0

Hi Ryan,

Our review reference is 12897.

We have been been given some feedback points which we are working on, however we would like to clarify with the reviewer on one of the points that he/she has raised. How can we go about doing this?

Also the reviewer has added a 2FA authentication to the test account details that we have provided and as a result, we are unable to login to our own test account.

Appreciate your help!

Best,

Aditya

0 Likes