Inventory Management API

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi.
I'm trying to import an .XML file from my POS to update my Shopify inventory daily. The developper of the software we use for our POS said that it's possible to import inventories from Retail Point (the software) to Shopify if I give him access through an API key that allows importation of inventories (not bulk product importation). 

So I saw that you can create a Private App and that it generates an API Key with which you give the permissions you want. But since I'm new to API's and such, I'm wondering: Is this Private App API is for Exportation, Importation or both? 

If you need more details, let's have a chat in the comments.

Thanks!

Cedrik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
347 25 51

Hi @Cedrik ,

When you create the Private App you define the scope of permissions. Import would need write_orders. If only exporting than read_orders. You decide what permissions the app has and that determines the functionality

Regards,

Sam 

Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, so if I understand well: I can create a private app that will allow him to import inventories on a daily basis, and it's a matter of the permissions you mentioned? 

Thanks a lot for taking time to answer.

Ced

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
347 25 51

Pretty much yes @Cedrik 

Custom Apps and Themes Support | Email us: hello@achieveapplabs.com | Follow us on Twitter @achieveapplabs | New Monthly Support by Achieve Applabs www.achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes