Is it possible to contact a customer via the API?

12 0 0

Hi,

It is possible to contact a customer via the admin user interface, by clicking on the customer email address.

Is it possible to do this via the API as well? I have not been able to find an endpoint for contacting the customer, but maybe I'm looking the wrong place.

Thanks,

-Louise

0 Likes
Excursionist
215 0 13

Hi Louise,

It's not possible to sent a message directly through the admin user interface. Only way to reach the customer is logging in, obtain contact details and use a third-party program to sent an email.

Hope this helps :)

Thomas

Need a smartphone case? https://www.transparantehoesjes.nl
0 Likes
12 0 0

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your answer.

I can see that it is indeed possible to send a message through the admin user interface, by going to the customers overview, selecting a customer, clicking the email address, and then enter a message.
So I have no problems with using the interface to send a message to a customer.

But I do not know whether it is possible to send a message to a customer via the API - so that's my question: is it possible to send a message to a customer via the API?

Thanks,

-Louise

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
148 0 16

Hi Louise,

You can get your customer data via API and then send them emails with something like Mandrill.

Cheers,

-- Stas

★ Shopify Customer/Order Auto Tag App → 99rabbits.com ★
0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hi Stas,

Thank you for your reply.

Using a third party email system such as Mandrill is my alternative solution, but if it is possible to use Shopify for sending the emails that would be preferable.

Thanks,

-Louise

0 Likes