Is there a way to know, whether a webhook is triggered due to a bulk edit?

sanjeev_kmr
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi, Can I check whether a webook(let's say order/update) is triggered due to a bulk edit action? I have to prevent the webhooks triggered during a bulk edit action.Is there a possible way?

Replies 3 (3)

Alexandru_Derev
Shopify Partner
86 3 22

Hey @sanjeev_kmr ,

the best way to find out for sure is to set up the respective webhook and see if it reacts to the action you are looking for. 

In our experience some of the UI driven (Shopify Admin) bulk actions related to products do not invoke webhooks. 

Alex Dereveanco | CMO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
sanjeev_kmr
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi @Alexandru_Derev 

The  webhooks are triggered for both the activities(bulk edit order as well as editing a single order). I have to find out and prevent the webhooks that are triggered only during a bulk edit operation.

Alexandru_Derev
Shopify Partner
86 3 22

@sanjeev_kmr,

ah, I misread the topic of your post.

No, unfortunately the payload of the webhook call doesn't have any information about the action that triggers it. 

However the information about order modification history may be available via the GraphQL api  for the order - https://help.shopify.com/en/api/graphql-admin-api/reference/object/order , as it has a collection of events associated with it. 

Alex Dereveanco | CMO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog