Is there a webhook that is triggered by a created return?

fp-jabrms
2 0 0

Hi,

is there any way of getting notified via a webhook when a return has been created? Or is there at least a way to check, if a return on an order has been created?

Just to clarify: I'm not talking about a refund but a return which is created by clicking on 'Return items' in the details page of a fulfilled order.

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
925 79 201

I don't see a webhook for this specific action, although you could subscribe to the orders/updated webhook and then parse the response body to determine if that action has taken place. Unless someone else can suggest a better angle.

Here is a thread that speaks to the return action and its accessibility via the API. I know it's not necessarily speaking to a webhook but still interesting --> https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Return-API/td-p/640771

0 Likes
fp-jabrms
2 0 0

Thank you for your reply.

I already tried the orders/updated webhook. Unfortunately it does not fire for a created return. Also there is – as far as I know – no way of finding out which items have been included in the return, even if I would check the order via the GraphQL API manually, without a webhook.

I guess I will have to implement the whole return process into my app instead of using Shopify's 'Return items'-functionality

0 Likes