Is there any webhook available to get "Abandoned carts"?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 2

Hi All,

A newbie question here on abandoned carts API/webhook.

I understand that a checkout is considered abandoned when a customer has entered billing and shipping info, but didn't complete the purchase.

I am developing a similar app that will send emails to customers for their abandoned checkouts and struggling to understand how this whole flow works. I am sure there is a way to do this, as there are plenty of apps available to send abandoned cart emails to customers.

1) Are there any webhooks available that get fired when a cart is considered abandoned?

2) Or do I need to manually query the store for carts that are marked abandoned by Shopify? Is there any API for that?

3) Is there a mechanism to figure out if the cart status is still unpaid before triggering the abandoned cart email, just to avoid a scenario where the customer already paid for it?

Any help here is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Broly

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

I also have this question do you had any progress with it?

@Broly wrote:

Hi All,

A newbie question here on abandoned carts API/webhook.

I understand that a checkout is considered abandoned when a customer has entered billing and shipping info, but didn't complete the purchase.

I am developing a similar app that will send emails to customers for their abandoned checkouts and struggling to understand how this whole flow works. I am sure there is a way to do this, as there are plenty of apps available to send abandoned cart emails to customers.

1) Are there any webhooks available that get fired when a cart is considered abandoned?

2) Or do I need to manually query the store for carts that are marked abandoned by Shopify? Is there any API for that?

3) Is there a mechanism to figure out if the cart status is still unpaid before triggering the abandoned cart email, just to avoid a scenario where the customer already paid for it?

Any help here is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Broly

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Same here.. any update on this? Ideally a checkout/abandoned webhook should be available.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Anyone come up with a clever solution around this? This is a huge piece of e-commerce to not be readily available. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
4175 29 400

No idea why the bother around this topic, but you have an endpoint to use. Make up some logic. This needs no webhook.

https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/orders/abandoned-checkouts

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes