Issue with call to {{ collection.tags }}

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone!

I work for Power Tools, a suite of Shopify apps. One of our main apps is the Filter Menu - https://apps.shopify.com/power-tools-filter-menu

One of our merchants is experiencing problems with our app on their store, in the left sidebar, where the app should be, it shows "Liquid error: internal". I've traced this error back to a call for {{ collection.tags }} in our app. Even removing all app code and just calling the {{ collection.tags }} produces the same error.

I've tried contacting Shopify support, to speak with someone from the technical support team to see what can be done to resolve this error, as it looks to be coming from Shopify's servers. They sent me here to ask the community. I'm hoping someone might have seen something like this before and may be able to help, or at least point me in the right direction for where I can contact Shopify's technical team for more advise?

The store has around 1000 tags, and about 200,000 products, which I'm thinking may be contributing to the issue?

Looking forward to hearing back from someone,

Thanks!

EDIT: The merchant made a few updates to the visibility settings in our app, which seems to have fixed the issue, I'm leaving this post up now just to see if anyone else has come across the same issue with collection.tags before?

0 Likes