Issues with HMAC validation for custom app

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

I just built my first custom app in node to get discount codes from the API before checkout. I have tried a few different setups including the shopify developer tutorial for node and express + shopify-token + some stackoverflow suggestions. Each time I've gotten stuck on the HMAC validation. I have been getting a lot of errors when using the shopify partners app admin panel, getting a json-feed when I click save, and getting logged out when I hit cancel. Now, this isn't a huge problem, but I am wondering if the secret keys that are generated are corrrect. From every tutorial, it seems like the secret key follows the same format as the api key, but the first key I get is much shorter, which is fine, but if I generate a new key, it starts with "shpss_...", followed by a key the same size as the API key. Is this the same for anyone else, or is there an issue with these keys?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I am noticing something similar.  An app that we created had a much longer secret key when we first generated it a couple months back, but now if you look at it in the app panel, it is much shorter and doesn't match.  The new displayed one also results in a validation error.

Generating a new one results in the shpss prefix as well and that one doesn't work either.

0 Likes