JS SDK collection.fetchWithProducts response very slow ! between 5 and 9secs per request

undefined
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi,

I'm using the js-buy-sdk and everything seemed almost fine (the docs are quite not clear), but the queries are very very very slow, although my home connexion is very fast.

How can this be fixed ?

I'm going to do an SPA, so all loading is done via ajax, no users will wait for 8 secs to see products, this will increase the rebound rate...

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Replies 4 (4)

Alex
Shopify Staff
1561 81 341

I'm not sure there's much you can do to improve performance of the queries since it looks like they receive a fixed maximum amount of data (as in it might be better if you could make smaller requests at a time). Have you made an issue in the public repository? I'd personally start there. I'm not seeing any solutions in documentation either.

Alex | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

undefined
Tourist
3 0 1

It's not really an issue to be put in the github repo as this is directly linked to server response and not a bug code itself.

Here's another try with only one request to collection containing 12 products (that's pretty a standard number of products), but it took 4 seconds to show...

image.png

There seem to be something bad on your server's end... How can I do ? I took shopify just to be able to use your api, I could have gone with Woocommerce but I trusted shopify to have a solid infrastructure.

What are my options here except closing my shopify account and using my own server with woocommerce ?

undefined
Tourist
3 0 1

still no answer here... No answer on github too https://github.com/Shopify/js-buy-sdk/issues/710 what is going on with you guys sdk ?

Kevin64
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

Having similar (actually worse) performance with the API. Made another post about it, we'll see if it gets marked as spam for the second time.

Really hope there's just something I'm doing wrong, and this is not the actual server performance we have to deal with.