JSON Schema for REST Admin APIS

Solved
suganya27
3 0 0

Hi,

We are exploring the rest admin API calls for Shopify . We wanted to know if there is any way to get the request and response JSON schema of all the POST and PUT operations and the properties of their respective fields(if it is read only or required). As far as we explored, we could not find any api giving us the same.

Is it safe to assume that, the source of truth for properties and schema is only from the API documentation published?

Are we missing something here? Please let us know if this information has been exposed through any service.

May we also know the frequency of release cycles for the rest admin apis?

0 Likes
Busfox
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
619 48 95

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @suganya27,

You're correct that the documentation is the source of truth for our REST API. GraphQL has a built in schema you can query, but our REST API does not.

In terms of our release schedule for our APIs, we follow a quarterly cycle. A new version will be released every January, April, July, and October. Check it out here.

Cheers

0 Likes
suganya27
3 0 0

@Busfox Thank you for the confirmation.

0 Likes
himanshu-jb
1 0 0

I am working on integrating shopify with java application. I have searched Rest api's and graphQl but i am not able to found any thing to generate the request and response schema. In above post You mentioned that GraphQL has a built in schema so my question is, Is there any way to get the schema structure using graphQl or rest api. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
fangwz
Tourist
6 0 1

@himanshu-jb 

The whole schema of Shopify GraphQL could be fetched via a GraphQL request if you are familiar with GraphQL. It's sort of a self-described thing in GraphQL.

Here's a java SDK on Github: https://github.com/YuanWenqing/shopify4j , which contains both GraphQL schemas of Admin GraphQL and Storefront GraphQL.

It also provides out-of-box java libraries for both of Rest APIs and GraphQL Apis. Just enjoy it!

0 Likes