JSON Structure Products: silly question

Nebben
2 0 0

Hi All, 

So sorry If this has been asked before but I'm new here I have looked and asked support but I suspect my terminology is not correct and I'm failing to find an answer or missing something obvious.

Looking at the products API (https://shopify.dev/docs/admin-api/rest/reference/products/product) how can I work out the full list of available settings/options I can specify in the JOSN POST.
What I mean is they have a few examples in the POST i.e.

{
  "product": {
    "title": "Burton Custom Freestyle 151",
    "body_html": "<strong>Good snowboard!</strong>",
    "vendor": "Burton",
    "product_type": "Snowboard",
    "tags": [
      "Barnes & Noble",
      "Big Air",
      "John's Fav"
    ]
  }
}

and 

{
  "product": {
    "title": "Burton Custom Freestyle 151",
    "body_html": "<strong>Good snowboard!</strong>",
    "vendor": "Burton",
    "product_type": "Snowboard",
    "published": false
  }
}

in the second example, they have now included the value "published" if it wasn't for this example I wouldn't know it existed.

Is there a full list in one place of values I can send in the POST JSON? I can't seem to find it anywhere

0 Likes
L_J_K
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
143 15 24

Hey @Nebben 

You'll find the Product Properties here - this would be the list you are looking for. 

| API Support @ Shopify |
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Nebben
2 0 0

Morning L_J_K

Thanks but that's the link I already posted in my original question, except for an older release of the API

My problem is with the example 

{ "product": { "title": "Burton Custom Freestyle 151", "body_html": "<strong>Good snowboard!</strong>", "vendor": "Burton", "product_type": "Snowboard", "published": false } }

this is the only time "published" is used and not detailed in any of the other examples as a value I could be setting.

Is there somewhere with a more detailed list of values I could send as part of the JSON? 

0 Likes