Linking Payouts to Order Transactions using API

Solved
Nass
3 0 0

Hello,

I know how to get the list of payouts using the API, I also know how to get transactions (for each orders), I would like now to get the list of transactions (at the order level) that makes one specific payout.

So in other words, for a specific payout ID, I would like to get the list of orders/transactions associated to it.

We are using shopify payments, that information is available in the shopify UI, I would expect it to be available through the API also.

Thanks in advance for any pointer

0 Likes
Greg_Kujawa
Shopify Partner
1016 83 237

Good luck on your venture. There are a few posts on here recently that outline the difficulties in pulling this together. In short, I don't think there is just a single API request to retrieve this, or even a pair of API requests really...

Nass
3 0 0

That's crazy... Seems quite straightforward. Is there a way to request this for the next release of the graphQL API ?
Not sure how the community/development is organized here, quite new to this

Thanks for your answer anyway !

0 Likes
HunkyBill
Shopify Expert
4509 46 492

This is an accepted solution.

It is really quite simple. I just helped a buddy do exactly this. He wanted to match payouts to orders for his accounting. You just ask Shopify for permission on the payouts scopes, and then you can easily get the payouts and within the payouts, the orders associated with them,

It is very straightforward in the OLD RestAPI, so do not look at the GraphQL to save your bacon here. Best of luck. Again.. it is actually quite simple. You don't need anything but basic API calls and the toughest thing is getting that scope permission granted by Shopify. Tell them it is for your store, and I am sure they will grant it to you.

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Nass
3 0 0

Thanks a lot @HunkyBill , you saved me a lot of time

0 Likes