Live Rates - FedEx / USPS Checkout

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi there, 

On my site I would like to have the checkout page with "live rates" through a FedEx and USPS integration. This way customers can view the rates instantly to their address to get a more accurate depiction of their costs.

Does anyone have experience with this? Ideally my scenario is this:

• I offer free domestic shipping in the USA so they are allowed to get that through USPS 1st class (most basic)
  • They ideally would then have the option to choose FedEx, USPS higher / faster options through live rates and pay additionally for it

Please let me know if anyone can help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
40 0 6

Hi Mansal. You can learn about how to set up carrier-calculated shipping here:

http://docs.shopify.com/manual/settings/shipping/carrier-calculated-rates

The feature is included free with Unlimited and Shopify Plus shops. If you're on a less expensive plan, I think you can also purchase it a la carte.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Josh, thanks for the help. How do you purchase it a la carte?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
40 0 6

No problem. I believe the Shopify support team can set that up for you: support@shopify.com

Josh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
436 6 32

Hello @Mansal_Denton 

The carrier calculated shipping rates option is available in the Advanced Shopify Plan and the Shopify Plus plan. Also, you can add carrier calculated shipping rates to the Basic Shopify plans by subscribing for the annual plan or by paying an additional $20 per month.

Now, if you are looking for the label printing option, you can print the USPS labels from Shopify and use FedEx Rates, Labels and Tracking app for printing the FedEx labels without the additional payment of $20. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
555 1 15

Once you get the carrier calculated rates enabled on your Shopify account, then you can easily configure both these options : 

- Free shipping in domestic

- real time shipping elsewhere

Additionally, you can even use Shopify's integration with USPS and FedEx to generate labels from it. Finally, if you are looking to adjustments at service level, you can try the Multi Carrier Shipping label app.

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes