Location requirements, WITHOUT inventory, fulfillment, or restocking

Solved
a_h_roth
2 0 0

Hi!

My company's app doesn't manage inventory at all, either for fulfillment or restocking. In fact, we set each of our products' variants' "inventory_management" attributes to null.

The problem is that I received the following warning from Shopify:

Shopfiy warningShopfiy warning

Since we don't use these fields, what do we need to do to be compliant with this warning? Do we just need to update the version of the API that we're using? Or is it more complicated? What actions specifically require the location id?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 86 163

Hey @a_h_roth,

You will continue to receive warnings if you're using an old API version. When you query a resource that contains deprecated fields in the response, this triggers the warning you see. Upgrade to a newer version to stop seeing those warnings. 

This guide contains all the details about which endpoints were affected by the change to multi location inventory.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
a_h_roth
2 0 0

Thanks @_JB .

So it looks to me like the upgrade is all I have to do. Since I'm not setting or using any inventory (neither fulfillment nor restocking), there shouldn't be any more errors.

Am I understanding correctly?

I really appreciate your response.

0 Likes
_JB
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
750 86 163

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @a_h_roth,

Yes, that's correct. Once you stop calling the old version, you should stop seeing the deprecation warnings in the dash.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog