Locksmith - How to create additional Shopify sections?

hhscandar
4 0 0

Hello,

I am using my site for both wholesale and retail.

I am using Locksmith app to secure portions of my site (products, collections, menus).

So, customer accounts flagged as wholesale accounts can see and access all products, collections, and menu options flagged as wholesale, while other accounts and anonymous users (not logged in) can only view and access the retail products, collections and menus.

This is working well in the main menu, collection pages & product pages. But I am having a challenging with the home page.

By using Shopify "Collection List" & "Featured Collection" sections on the home page I was not able to hide a certain Collection List from a wholesale customer if it is a Collection List of all retail products, so this customer gets an error message when clicking on it telling him he does not have access to this collection.

Is there a way to customize or create new Shopify sections so I can duplicate a Collection List section and create a wholesale version of if?

I created a copy of the list-collection.liquid and called it list-collection-wholesale.liquid under templates in Shopify code, but do not know how to expose this new template so I can choose it when customizing the home page and adding new sections to it.

Thank you in advance for your help,

0 Likes

Hello ,

You can add additional shopify section as per your requirement by customizing theme.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
hhscandar
4 0 0

What are the steps for me to do the customization myself?

Thank you

0 Likes