Manual/ Automatic Fulfilment

1 0 0

I am trying to understand the level of control Shopify provides over individual orders. We are a 3rd party warehouse who fulfil orders from shopify accounts pulled through using the API. This works very well with our existing clients, however I have a client coming on board using shopify with an unusual request. They want to send some but not all orders through to us. They wish to retain control of choosing to send an order, or even part of an order, though to us via the API or fulfil from their own alternate warehouse. I have looked at the following guides:

https://help.shopify.com/manual/sell-online/checkout-settings/order-fulfilment

https://help.shopify.com/manual/shipping/rates-and-methods/fulfillment-services#custom

I wonder, is it possible to select between sending the order through to our warehouse or not? Would it be possible to develop and app to facilitate this option?

Any help from the experts would be apprechiated,

Here is my conversation with support:

richard:  

hi I am a warehouse looking to integrate my customers shopify store, we have completed integrations in the past without problem.

richard:  

My customer however wishes us to only fulfil some not all of the orders coming into the store

richard:  

I have looked into the section regarding fulfiling orders:

richard:  

https://help.shopify.com/manual/sell-online/checkout-settings/order-fulfilment

richard:  

I assume if my customer wants us to fulfil all of their orders they select the option automatically fulfil as outlined in the guide

richard:  

however if they only want us to do some of the orders how would they retain this control

richard:  

is it possible for them to select an order needs to be sent through the API app when they want us to fulfil it

richard:  

would they be able to use the manual fulfil option, and only send the orders they want us to fulfil?

richard:  

I am unsure of the control that shopify provides regarding this as I have never used it myself

● Chat started.

Ronan L:  

Hi Richard. Thanks for waiting, sorry about the delay - busy day! :) Basically, your customer will be able to set up asa fulfillment service on their store. They can do this by adding your email address to their shipping settings. This guide will show them how to do it. They can then choose the products that you are going to fulfill for them. Then when they receive an order with those products in it, you will receive an email with the order details and shipping details. You will receive this email when they fulfill the order within their admin :)

Ronan L:  

If your customer sets their orders to be automatically fulfilled, then you will receive the email once they receive the order to the store :)

richard:  

Ok, I understand this, but say my customer has a product say a pen, and he has stock of 1000, 900 of which he keeps at his own location, not the warehouse where he only keeps 100, now if he had an order come though for 1 he wants the warehouse to fulfil it via the automatic fulfilment. But if he has an order for 800 he does not want that order being sent to the warehouse, how would he stop the order going through to the warehouse?

richard:  

our system is actually an improvement of the above as we have an app that directly takes order data from the Shopify store via an API

Ronan L:  

I see what you mean. That situation would be a little trickier. However, it may be possible to develop with the API. We don't support API related queries in our general support channel. Our general support channel deals with the general functionality of the admin. We do have some documentation on the API basics here. However, for more detailed advice you would need to talk to an expert or developer. We have a great API forum here. There are always developers and experts there willing to lend a hand and offer advice. They have the required knowledge to give you the best advice on an issue like this :). This forum was set up specifically to help with custom solutions like this :) You can also get in touch with our Shopify experts here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 0 16

It's indeed quite easy to do with the Shopify API. Every order marked as fulfilled in Shopify will be sent to your fulfillment database.

If anyone still interested in custom fulfillment integration with Shopify, please drop me a line at stas@99rabbits.com

★ Shopify Customer/Order Auto Tag App → 99rabbits.com ★
0 Likes