Mark an order as paid thru REST API

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi,

I did use the Integromat and also tried with Postman - created my custom private app credentials - all with the same result - either 406 or 400 or 404 or "continue" login page.

Also, I do not know how to get parent id - for order created directly from Shopify, there is no such thing. If I try to get all transactions for order again "continue" login page result.

R.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Roman,

Make sure you're sending your private app key and secret along with the request. If you subscribe to the orders webhook the ID will be in the request body when an order is created. I also believe Checkout API can be used to capture the new order, but I would stick with webhooks.

Achieveapplabs.com | Shopify Development | hello@achieveapplabs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi,

so I have tried to get all transactions for the given order - I used the private app

GetOrders.png

you can see that the private app should have rights for the transactions:

GetOrdersPermissions.png

the request result isn't list of transactions but an HTML page with "identity" login page with "continue button"

Any ideas? From my point of view, it is a bug or intention.

Am I wrong?

Thx,

R.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Roman81,

You did everything correctly just remove the hashtag # in your URL after /orders/#

/orders/#12312312

Regards,

-Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi @achieveapplabs (Sam),

thx so far it seems  I'm moving somewhere - finally I'm able to get transactions (the '#' in URL was the issue) but I'm not able to create one with payment.

I do get this:

GetOrderTransaction.png

and this is what I'm trying to post but again "identity continue"...

PostTransaction.png

Any idea what I do wrong this time?

Thx,

R.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Roman81,

I'm sure your permissions are correct. From testing it seems that if the URL is incorrect or the POST body is incorrect you will get this identity HTML response.  I strongly believe the issue is within the POST body. Try this: 

{
  "transaction": {
    "kind": "sale",
    "source": "external", 
"parent_id": yourIDhere } }

All the best,

Sam

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi @achieveapplabs (Sam :)),

I have given a try and no success :( any tip on how to investigate where the issue, is?

Thx,

R.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi,

so finally I'm able to make an order as paid - sorry for my comments to Shopify - anyway I'm not able to do so thru rest api call - post man - but I'm able to do so thru integromat integrations - strange is that I'm doing the same api call.. 

So thx all and have a nice day,

R.

1 Like