Misleading label on charge approval UI

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 5

Hello,

A customer of us got very upset today due to a misunderstanding with the recurring charge approval UI.

Having an active subscription, he uninstalled the app by mistake and asked us if he would be charged twice if he reinstalled the app.

We replied that of course not, because this is controlled by Shopify.

Unfortunately, the UI for the charge approval always says "Charged now" so the merchant sent us this picture:

Screenshot_20200706_180007.png

and gifted us with a 1-star negative review.

I think that, when a billing cycle is still active, the text "Charged now" could be changed or removed, as it can mislead merchants to believe that they are going to be charged immediately. The reality is that they won't be charged till the next billing cycle.

Kind regards,
  Jose

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
586 71 128

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Jose_Samper,

Thanks for providing this feedback, I've forwarded it along to the team. I believe we're actually shipping a new page soon that will specifically call out existing subscription information, I'll post back here once I have an update on that.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 5

Thanks, we will look forward to it.

Regards,
  Jose

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
586 71 128

Hey @Jose_Samper,

The new page was shipped yesterday. Let me know if you have any questions.

JB | Developer Support @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 5

Hi @_JB 

Sorry I missed your latest message.

I've checked the new UI and, while it is way more detailed and definitely better, it does not address the issue I pointed out:

Screenshot_20200824_093047.png

Our problem was caused by the "Charged now" text, that is still there. Our customer thought that he was going to be charged immediately (instead of in his next invoice when their billing cycle ends) and that the reason he thought we were lying and got angry and reviewed us negatively.

So we would be grateful if you could give our feedback on the text to the team working on the feature.

Kind regards,
  Jose

0 Likes