Missing field shipping_address from checkouts/create webhook

divyanshh
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi

As per documentation https://shopify.dev/api/admin/rest/reference/orders/abandoned-checkouts?api%5Bversion%5D=2021-01  I should be receiving a shipping_address field in the checkouts/create webhook. This was working fine but from 2 days I have been receiving all the webhooks with the field shipping_address missing. Was something changed in the api?

Replies 2 (2)

CakewalkAlyssa
Shopify Partner
24 3 4

Do you have products that don't require shipping ie not a physical product? That is a case where when people go through checkout they do not have to provide a shipping address and it could be why you are getting the checkouts/create webhook without shipping_address.

Check out Simple Subscriptions for a complete recurring orders and subscriptions solution for your store. Click here to see our demo store.
divyanshh
Visitor
2 0 0

These are all physical products and are shipped. As mentioned I am getting the shipping address for the other webhook apis such as order/create and checkouts/update. It's only happening for checkouts/create that I am not receiving the shipping_address field. It has been happening since 1 week. I used to get this field in the webhook before that.