Missing products/update webhook

Hey,

From time to time we have seen data inconsistency because of the webhooks not being fired. The last example reported by a customer:

Product Id: 142377287704

Last updated field in Admin API: 2021-04-01T08:41:05-07:00

Last webhook fired by shopify at: Apr 1 15:39:40 UTC

X-Shopify-Webhook-Id
f6364795-fd20-4f07-8dfb-14ccb27ff4b5

We got inventory_levels/update for the same product around 15:41 UTC but no products/update webhook at all although inventory has changed. Also there is no retry sent in 2-3 hours. I hope someone from shopify team may look at this issue.

Co-Founder / Developer at: merchbees
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Merchbees Inventory Value - Know your inventory value and quantity in real-time
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
0 Likes
james-langille
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
56 12 14

Hello @Me,

I just took a quick peek at our logs and found the product/update webhook you were describing. It was triggered at 2021-04-01T15:39:36, delivered at 2021-04-01T15:39:40 with a 200 (OK) response code, which is why a retry was never sent. I think that the products/update webhook was received before the inventory_levels/update webhook. Since these are different topics, the order in which they are delivered is not guaranteed.

james-langille | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes

@james-langille wrote:

Hello @Me,

I just took a quick peek at our logs and found the product/update webhook you were describing. It was triggered at 2021-04-01T15:39:36, delivered at 2021-04-01T15:39:40 with a 200 (OK) response code, which is why a retry was never sent. I think that the products/update webhook was received before the inventory_levels/update webhook. Since these are different topics, the order in which they are delivered is not guaranteed.

Hey @james-langille 

We got the one at 15:39:36 successfully. After two minutes later variant stock has changed. Shopify didn’t send that change. This is the problem I wonder why. When I looked at the admin api the last update time for the product was 15:41 but in the webhook delivery logs in the shopify partner page, there was no webhook related to this change. Oldest one was at 15:39. I could understand that if it was a noisy change but its the stock count of the variant that we are missing here. It turned to 0. we can confirm this via inventory/levels webhook at 15:41

I would be happy if you look at the logs carefully while we have them.

Thanks

Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
0 Likes
james-langille
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
56 12 14

I see, well on the webhooks side of things I don't see any more requests at that time, perhaps the webhooks were not triggered? I'll forward this to products to see if someone over there can track down what happened.

james-langille | Developer @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes

@james-langille wrote:

I see, well on the webhooks side of things I don't see any more requests at that time, perhaps the webhooks were not triggered? I'll forward this to products to see if someone over there can track down what happened.

Hey @james-langille ,

Thanks. Probably you delete these logs so it could be great if someone could look at it while we/you have the logs.

0 Likes