Missing products/update webhook

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 37

Hey,

From time to time we have seen data inconsistency because of the webhooks not being fired. The last example reported by a customer:

Product Id: 142377287704

Last updated field in Admin API: 2021-04-01T08:41:05-07:00

Last webhook fired by shopify at: Apr 1 15:39:40 UTC

X-Shopify-Webhook-Id
f6364795-fd20-4f07-8dfb-14ccb27ff4b5

We got inventory_levels/update for the same product around 15:41 UTC but no products/update webhook at all although inventory has changed. Also there is no retry sent in 2-3 hours. I hope someone from shopify team may look at this issue.

Co-Founder / Developer at: merchbees
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Merchbees Inventory Value - Know your inventory value and quantity in real-time
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
Replies 4 (4)

james-langille
Shopify Staff (Retired)
70 15 27

Hello @Me,

I just took a quick peek at our logs and found the product/update webhook you were describing. It was triggered at 2021-04-01T15:39:36, delivered at 2021-04-01T15:39:40 with a 200 (OK) response code, which is why a retry was never sent. I think that the products/update webhook was received before the inventory_levels/update webhook. Since these are different topics, the order in which they are delivered is not guaranteed.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 37

@james-langille wrote:

Hello @Me,

I just took a quick peek at our logs and found the product/update webhook you were describing. It was triggered at 2021-04-01T15:39:36, delivered at 2021-04-01T15:39:40 with a 200 (OK) response code, which is why a retry was never sent. I think that the products/update webhook was received before the inventory_levels/update webhook. Since these are different topics, the order in which they are delivered is not guaranteed.

Hey @james-langille 

We got the one at 15:39:36 successfully. After two minutes later variant stock has changed. Shopify didn’t send that change. This is the problem I wonder why. When I looked at the admin api the last update time for the product was 15:41 but in the webhook delivery logs in the shopify partner page, there was no webhook related to this change. Oldest one was at 15:39. I could understand that if it was a noisy change but its the stock count of the variant that we are missing here. It turned to 0. we can confirm this via inventory/levels webhook at 15:41

I would be happy if you look at the logs carefully while we have them.

Thanks

Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
james-langille
Shopify Staff (Retired)
70 15 27

I see, well on the webhooks side of things I don't see any more requests at that time, perhaps the webhooks were not triggered? I'll forward this to products to see if someone over there can track down what happened.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Mete
Shopify Partner
132 0 37

@james-langille wrote:

I see, well on the webhooks side of things I don't see any more requests at that time, perhaps the webhooks were not triggered? I'll forward this to products to see if someone over there can track down what happened.

Hey @james-langille ,

Thanks. Probably you delete these logs so it could be great if someone could look at it while we/you have the logs.