Modify presentment prices

julian_dr
1 0 0

Hi,

after a long research it seems to me that the presentment prices for different currencies of a product variant are calculated automatically. Or is there any chance to set them manually (not only rounding rule)? 

"productVariantUpdate" from GraphQL at least seems not to support it.

Thanks for the help,

Julian

0 Likes
SBD_
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1044 141 185

Hey @julian_dr,

That's right, they're handled automatically at this time.

0 Likes
luc_trepanier
1 0 0

Is there any development plan to have presentment prices available to be set, instead of calculated? Calculation does not work very well to have a multi-currency site, based on different countries/markets.

0 Likes
Rick_Vintage
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Scotty,

Price discrimination is a very well known price strategy in international markets.
Presentment prices suggest to support this option.

But if they only support AUTOMATIC conversion of prices, it is useless.
And actually, why offer an API to POST/PUT presentment prices with a price value, when they are not supported in the shop?

Am I overlooking something?
Looking forward hearing from you.

0 Likes
sethness
4 0 0

I'm curious about this too.  

It seems that you can set these values in the 2020-10 REST api, but I cannot as of yet find where to set these values in the graphQL api when creating a new product variant.

I've been deep diving the Shopify APIs to build a suite of migration tools and I've been a little surprised so far by what I've seen as far as consistency, organization, and design. I had been chalking it up to my lack of experience with the Shopify platform. BUt I'm starting to wonder...

0 Likes