Modifying checkout page

Jaycy
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi, I'm new to creating Shopify apps but is there a way to modify the checkout page in the following ways?

1) Shipping options - Display shipping rates that include a text with something like "$29.40 shipping + $12.52 tax and duty" (we will provide custom rates).

2) Extra charges line - Change "Taxes" line to "Duties and Taxes" or add a new line item under "Taxes".

I've looked through the Shipping and Fulfillment & Order APIs but can't seem to find the relevant sections to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jaycy

Replies 3 (3)

Qualitycheck
Shopify Expert
1449 114 233

Please share a store url better assist 

Jaycy
Visitor
2 0 0
I do not have one yet as I'm currently checking if it's even feasible or not.

Thanks.

vix
Shopify Staff
540 103 121

Hi @Jaycy There are a few similar apps on the app store. I'd suggest looking into them to better understand what information they are able to update. It sounds like you would want to send custom information through the Carrier Service API : https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/shipping-and-fulfillment/carrierservice

In general, you are not able to update fields on the checkout. In this case, you would be in control of the shipping options presented to the customer with your added text within that box. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.