Multi-Location Fulfillment with ERP Integration

chris_dell
Tourist
11 1 0

We are testing ship from store and multi-location fulfillment.  The client is currently integrating orders with their ERP.  The ERP is connected to the 3PL for fulfillment.  When mark fulfilled in the ERP, the fulfillments are synced to Shopify.  POS orders come in to the ERP as cash sales, needing no fulfillment.

We now need to make sure that orders to be fulfilled by the store do not attempt to get fulfilled in the ERP by the 3PL, then add an integration from Shopify to ERP to sync the store fulfillments.  During testing, I can see in admin that Shopify has assigned the proper items to the proper location based on location priority as expected.  However, that information does not appear to be indicated on the API call to query the order.

1. There is no line level location_id.
  2. The origin_location on both lines indicate shipping from 3PL inventory location.
  3. The fulfillments array is blank.
  4. The shipping_lines do not indicate the location either.

My search results have come up empty other than maybe we need to re-integrate as a fulfillment service, but I don’t feel that is applicable to an ERP integration.  I also see that when you add a fulfillment service, you have to change the "inventory managed by" to that service, which then will not let you set inventory for the store locations.  This effectively breaks the POS inventory tracking, store fulfillment and local pick up functionality.

The fulfillment order api says "The FulfillmentOrder resource represents either an item or a group of items in an order that are to be fulfilled from the same location. There can be more than one fulfillment order for an order at a given location."  This description seems spot on, but I can't figure out how to get a fulfillment order to be created so I can key the location and it's related items.

I'm also wondering that when the ERP is the OMS, if all fulfillments should be done from the ERP and maybe that's why it feels like I'm forcing this to work.  So, possibly just suggesting to the client that they need to fulfill store shipments from the ERP instead of Shopify.

Thoughts?

0 Likes
chris_dell
Tourist
11 1 0

I found my issue with the fulfillment_orders object returning blank.  I need additional API privilege.  I believe this was my missing piece, but would still be interested in any thoughts regarding ERP integration with multi-location fulfillment.  The client is also enabling store pickup.

0 Likes