Multicurrency support at checkout not working

9 0 0

Hi,

I'm trying to set `presentment_currency` when createing a checkout through API as instructed here https://help.shopify.com/en/api/guides/multi-currency-migration-guide#checkout-resource

However, no matter what currency I send, the response I got back always in store's currency. Is this a bug or I'm supposed to do something else?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 32 59

Hey there,

Can you please provide me with the `X-Request-Id` response header for the request you're making so I can have a look?

Are you sure that the shop you are creating checkouts for has enabled the other currency options in Admin > Settings > Payment Providers?

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Zameer,

Thanks for your reply.

Here's the X-Request-Id '8ef9ea9e-30d1-4c9e-b3de-5a936c33faea'.

It's one of our partner shop, and I believe they already enable the option. Their shop allows changing currency on the web.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 32 59

Hey there,

The shop which that request was made on does not currently support multi-currency as it hasn't been enabled by the merchant.

I would get in contact with the merchant to update to multi-currency if that's something which your app relies on.

0 Likes
9 0 0

Hi Zameer,

Thanks for the info, we'll contact them for this.

Is there any way, through API, we would know if the merchant already has this enabled? So when the merchant connect with us we would ask them to enable it?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
277 0 47

Hey there, this doc describes how to determine if a merchant is using multiple currencies. 

0 Likes
9 0 0

Got it, thanks a lot Jordan.

0 Likes