Multipass Login Error

3 0 0

Hi,

On a shopify plus store, we're using multipass login which is working perfectly fine without any issue. However, recently we started to encounter few failures with some customer login. The error messages is as follows...

"Invalid Multipass request. The given email address is already used by another customer (with a different Multipass identifier)"

As my understanding goes, the email id always unique and we're using email as idntifier, so two customer can't use the same identifier.

Is there any other conditions, where this problem may arise?

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
221 0 13

Hey Richard,

I'm Having the exat same problem. I still haven't found why its not working, where you able to found out why ?

Cheers! :D 

Entrepreneur, Developer, Geek, Gamer and very passionate about WEB development! :P

Need help with your Shopify Store? Contact me: jfeuchter@gmail.com :D
0 Likes
3 0 0

No luck so far :(

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
221 0 13

Did you find any workaround on this? D: I've been at this for almost 3 months haha still can't fix it. 

Entrepreneur, Developer, Geek, Gamer and very passionate about WEB development! :P

Need help with your Shopify Store? Contact me: jfeuchter@gmail.com :D
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

It's pretty infuriating that Shopify offers %#@$% all for support on stuff like this.  In my case, this error came up under the following conditions:

1. I had created a user via the Shopify API and I had specified the "multipass_identifier"

2. I attempted to login via Multipass.

The solution for me was to ensure that I included a "identifier" field in my Multipass customer data that was EXACTLY the same as the "multipass_identifier" that was used when the customer was first created.  It's confusing because the parameter is "multipass_identifier" when you create the customer, but simply "identifier" when you do the actual Multipass login flow.

0 Likes