My Shopify App shown "Recurring charge activated" event and then "Recurring charge expired". How this happen?

Highlighted
Tourist
17 0 2

Hi,

I just release our app to the Shopify store. Our app has a recurring charge and 7-day trial periods.

When user installed our app, they also need to accept the trial period first to start using it. When they accept it, the event "Recurring charge activated" appeared in my partner dashboard. But for one customer, we have seen the event "Recurring charge expired" two days after "Recurring charge activated" . Why did this happen ? I thought they already accept it ?

TIA for the answer.

https://apps.shopify.com/product-tags-translator
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 185

Hey there, 

The only way a charge can expire is if a merchant doesn't accept it within 2 days of the charge being created, so it sounds like you might have created more than one charge. I'd recommend checking out the RecurringApplicationCharge index functionality - that way you can get the status of all of their charges on your own via the API to get an idea of what may be going on. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I see the same thing and it doesn't make sense.   The API is being used properly as we have hundreds of shops and we see the activated and accepted notifications.

Why would expired fire two days later?   In my case the event shows up 2x?

Here is a complete log of events for a particular shop:

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 1.39.42 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem as above.

When the "Recurring charge activated", doesn't this charge the Merchant? I still see $0.00 earnings.

0 Likes